Welcome to The Collins Press website. If you're on this page, then you've been having some trouble so we're sorry about that. Hopefully you will find an answer to your question below but if not, please phone us on 00353-21-4347717 or email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you. We're also happy to take your order over the phone.
Are you a bookseller? Then click here for more information on how you can order our books.
Do I have to open an account with you in order to purchase a book?
Not necessarily. There are three ways to checkout – you can sign in as a returning customer, you can register a new account or you can checkout as guest. Registering an account with us will store only your address details (to save you the trouble of having to type them every time you buy a book from us). Your credit card details will not be saved.
I added a book to my cart but now I want to remove it. How do I this?
There are three ways to get to your cart:
- At the top of our website (right at the top of the screen), you should see a bar with a little shopping trolley icon along with information on how many items you have in your cart and links to 'Sign In' or 'Register'. Click directly on the part saying '1 item' (or 2 items or 3 items, you get the idea!).
- Click on the shopping trolley icon (you should see a drop down arrow). This will open a little drop down window where you can click on the X opposite the relevant title. This window will also give the option to 'View Cart' and 'Checkout'.
- Click on 'View Cart' in the menu that's in a straight line under our logo (on the same line as the links for Home, News, New Books etc)
Once you can see your cart, you can remove an item in one of these ways:
- Click on the X to the right of the title.
- Put 0 (zero) as the quantity and click update.
- Click on Clear Cart (underneath the cover image). Please note that this should be used only to remove everything from your cart.
Can I have books shipped to a different address to my billing address?
Yes. Enter your billing address first, then alongside the Shipping Address heading (to the right of the page), untick the box saying 'use my billing address'. This will allow you to enter whatever address you want.
I don't have a postcode. What do I do?
Put 0000 in the postcode box.
I'm having trouble with the payment stage
- Enter the 16-digit number on your credit card without any spaces.
- Make sure to choose the correct card type from the drop down menu.
- Double check that your expiry date is correct (and in date).
- Check the CVV2 number (the last three digits on the signature strip on the back of the card).
I placed an order but now I want to change it.
There's no problem changing your order as long as we haven't already shipped it so if you want to make any changes, please email or phone us on 00353-214347717 as soon as possible.
When will I get my order?
We try to post orders to customers as soon as possible*:
- Orders received before 3.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday will be posted the same day.
- Orders received after 3.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday will be posted the following day.
- Orders received after 3.00 p.m. Friday will be posted the following Monday**
- Orders received Saturday and Sunday will be posted the following Monday**
Posted items going to addresses within the Republic of Ireland should be delivered the next day. Posted items going outside the country will take longer.
* Bear in mind that books may not be in stock. We will contact customers if books are likely to out of stock for a number of days.
** In the case of Bank Holiday weekends, orders will be processed the following Tuesday.
We send all books with An Post and charges are set by them (please visit their website for more information). The heavier the book, the more expensive the shipping. For books going outside of Ireland, once a package goes over 2 kg in weight, the price jumps. However, we may be able to offer a better rate, so if you want to order a number of books or if you have any queries about our books or shipping costs, please get in touch:
You will find our books in all good bookshops. If a book isn't in a shop for some strange reason, then the bookseller will be able to order it for you.